Community Affairs Unit
The Community Affairs Unit of the State’s Attorney’s Office in Prince George’s County was created to reach out and involve the entire community in the campaign against crime.
Through work with civic and neighborhood organizations, a speaker's bureau, public appearances by the State's Attorney and other staff, community meetings and outreach activities, the Unit works to educate the public about crime and the criminal justice system, with particular focus on:
- To identify, initiate and monitor community outreach programs on behalf of the State’s Attorney.
- Represent the State’s Attorney’s Office at community events, boards, and stakeholder meetings.
- Facilitate and coordinate communication between the State’s Attorney, state officials, staff, agency personnel, stakeholders and constituents in the development and advancement of community initiatives.
- Serve as a liaison between the State’s Attorney, governmental agency personnel, and constituents of Prince George’s County
- Advise and assist other organizational units within the Office of the State’s Attorney regarding public information aspects of their work.
- Coordinate town hall meetings and community outreach events.
For more information, or to speak with a member of the Community Affairs Unit call the main number at (301) 952-3500.